South à£à£Ö±²¥Ðã State University provides Microsoft Office to every student, staff, and faculty member, free of charge. Office 365 includes the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and more. As long as you're a current student or employed at SDSU, you'll be able to use this software for free. You can install Office365 on up to five compatible computers, plus five mobile devices.
Instructors utilize LockDown Browser for online quizzes and tests. Most instructors provide a link on their class site in D2L on where to install LockDown Browser, but if not, here are the instructions on how to install it.
Install LockDown Browser
On the main page, select the "Install Now" button.
Install on Windows
- Go to the Downloads and run the LockDown Browser Application.
- Choose Setup Language: English (United States)
- License Agreement: I accept the terms of the license agreement
- InstallShield Wizard Complete:
Install on Mac
- Go to the Downloads folder and run the pkg.
- This package will run a program to determine if the software can be installed.
- To continue installing the software, you must agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Installation Type
- The installer is trying to install new software.
- Type computer password or use Touch ID
Zoom is a cloud-based service that provides simple online meetings, content sharing and video conferencing capabilities. You do not need a Zoom account to attend a Zoom meeting; only the host has to have an account to schedule meetings. All active faculty, staff and students at SDSU are entitled to a Zoom account.
- Internet connection - wired or wireless
- Webcam - built-in camera or USB camera
- Speakers/Microphones - built-in or external USB and Bluetooth
- macOS 12 or later
- Windows 16 or later
- iOS or Android
- In the sign-in window, select the option for "Sign In with SSO."
- If it asks for your company domain, enter "sdstate." If it asks for you to sign in by email, enter your full sdstate email address.
- It will then direct you to the single sign-on page.
- Select "Launch Zoom."
CloudApps, or VMWare Horizon Client, is a virtual lab that all students have access to. Some classes have specific labs that they are granted access to, but you will only see those labs if you are a part of a class that needs access to it.
Download and Install the VMware Horizon Client.
- Open a web browser and browse to .
- Install VMWare Horizon Client
- Find the OS Version that you are trying to install on and 'Go to Downloads'
- Download VMware Horizon Client for Windows (or whichever OS you're installing on) > Download.
- Run the .exe file that downloads
- VMware Horizon > Accept & Install
- Success > Finish
- Restart Now
- After the computer reboots, look up VMware Horizon Client on your system.
- New Server > Add Server.
- Enter the name of the Connection Server, cloudapps.sdstate.edu > Login
- Username: MyState/InsideState
- Password: MyState/InsideState
The General Lab virtual lab should show up. Some users may have other virtual labs as well. If the other labs don't show up, tell them to notify their instructor that they need to email Heather Essink with the class list to access the virtual lab.
South à£à£Ö±²¥Ðã State University has a Total Academic Headcount (TAH) license, which provides campus-wide access to MATLAB, Simulink and various add-on products. All faculty, researchers and students can use MATLAB on their personal computers and laptops.
All students, staff and faculty at SDSU may download and install EndNote on their work and personal computers. This program is licensed only for current SDSU students, staff, and employees.
For installation instructions, check out the .
GIS stands for Geographic Information System and is a framework for gathering, managing and analyzing data.
ArcGIS is software designed to create and share maps, analytics, and data.
Autodesk is a leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software.
- AutoCADÂ® is a computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers and construction professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings.
- Draft, annotate and design 2D geometry and 3D models with solids, surfaces and mesh objects.
- Automate tasks such as comparing drawings, adding blocks, creating schedules and more
- Customize with add-on apps and APIs.
- Use RevitÂ® to drive efficiency and accuracy across the project lifecycle, from conceptual design, visualization and analysis to fabrication and construction.
- Begin modeling in 3D with accuracy and precision.
- Automatically update floor plans, elevations and sections as your model develops.
- Let Revit handle routine and repetitive tasks with automation so you can focus on higher-value work.
If you need any assistance with installing these or any other programs, please contact the Support Desk. If you are bringing your device to the Support Desk, please make sure to fill out the form.